Which new FOX show are you most excited to see?
FOX24’s Idol Finale Ticket Giveaway Contest Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be a U.S. resident who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WTAT viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WTAT (the “Station”), WMMP, Summerville Ford, FOX Broadcasting Company, News Corporation, FOX Interactive Media, FremantleMedia North America, Inc., American Idol Productions, Inc., 19 Management, 19 TV Limited, 19, Entertainment, Inc., CORE Media Group Inc., their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, and the officers, directors, employees, licensees and assignees of each, their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, and the officers, directors, employees, licensees and assignees of each, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter. Qualified entrants may enter once. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant. Standard text messaging rates apply.
2. To enter, text FINALE to the short code 45203. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. Text STOP to 45203 to cancel. Text HELP to 45203 for help. Entrants will receive up to 2 messages relating to this contest. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
3. The contest starts on March 18, 2013 and all entries must be received by Station by 11:00 p.m. EDT on April 14, 2013 Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries or for printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction, or if text message is not received.
4. Six (6) finalists will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries on April 15, 2013. Finalists will be notified by phone on April 15, 2013. Finalists will be instructed to appear at a grand prize event at Summerville Ford, 9700 Dorchester Rd, Summerville, SC 29485 on April 20, 2013 at a time to be announced. Each finalist will receive a randomly selected car key. Finalists will have the opportunity to try to start a car with their car key. Only one key will start the car. The finalist with the key that starts the car will be the Grand Prize winner. Finalists must be present to be eligible to win. Any finalist which is not present at the grand prize event will be disqualified. THE CAR IS NOT A PRIZE AND IS NOT BEING GIVEN AWAY.
5. All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. One (1) grand prize winner will be selected. The winner will receive a trip for two (2) to the American Idol finale performance show on May 28, 2013. The trip package includes roundtrip airfare, economy class, for two (2) from Charleston, South Carolina to Los Angeles, California, and two (2) nights hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy). The trip package does not include any meals, other transportation, gratuities, trip cancellation insurance, baggage fees, miscellaneous airline fees or any other expenses. The trip must be taken by May 28, 2013, is subject to availability, and blackout dates may apply. The trip package is valued at $1,500.00. The value of the tickets to see the American Idol show cannot be determined. In the event production of American Idol is cancelled or postponed, the ticket portion of the prizing may be cancelled without substitution or compensation therefore.
2. Winner will be notified in person at the grand prize event. Winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 2 days of notification, at the time winner claim his/her prize in person at the Station. The winner’s guest to the American Idol Finale show must be at least 6 years old. All persons traveling on the trip must be 18 years of age or over, unless travelers under 18 are accompanied by at least one adult who is the parent or legal guardian of all of the minors. All persons traveling on the trip must also sign and return a release which must be returned with the winner’s release and affidavit of eligibility within the time frame specified above. Winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If the winner does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, another winner will may be randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize. The Station, sponsors, and prize provider shall not be responsible for winner’s failure to take the trip within the time frame described above, or cancellation of the trip by the winner.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of qualifying depend on the number of entries received. Odds of winning are 1 in 6 qualifiers.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WTAT 4301 Arco Lane, Charleston, SC and on the Station’s website at www.foxcharleston.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to 4301 Arco Lane, Charleston, SC 29418 by April 30, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, Summerville Ford, FOX Broadcasting Company, News Corporation, FOX Interactive Media, FremantleMedia North America,Inc., American Idol Productions, Inc., 19 Management, 19 TV Limited, 19 Entertainment, Inc., CORE Media Group Inc., their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, and the officers, directors, employees, licensees and assignees of each accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.