Sauteed Shrimp Appetizer
by Burtons Grill
Yields: 1 Serving
5 Local Shrimp
1/2 oz Butter
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of White Pepper
2 Tbsp Flour
1 tsp Garlic
1 oz White Wine
1 oz Feta Cheese
2 oz Clam Stock
1/2 Cup Tomatoes
Diced 1 Cup Spinach
1 piece Ciabatta or French Bread
1 Tbsp Oil or Butter
1. Brush bread with oil or butter and place on grill. Turn after 1 minute to create cross marks. Remove and save for later.
2. Heat the 1/2 oz of butter in a saute pan. Season the shrimp with salt, pepper, and flour, and place into the pan when it is hot.
3. Flip the shrimp over after 1 minute and add the garlic. Cook for 1 more minute and add the white wine.
4. Crumble in the feta cheese and add the clam stock. Let the sauce simmer until the cheese has melted and thickened the sauce.
5. Toss in the diced tomatoes and spinach until they are wilted.
6. Cut the bread into three pieces. Place one piece on the bottom of a bowl and two on the sides.
7. Pour the shrimp, tomato, spinach mixture over top and serve.
This recipe aired 09/20/12